This role is responsible for providing front line application support to troubleshoot software issues, provide solutions, train end users, answer questions, and perform software installations. This employee acts as the first point of contact for escalation of complex software issues.
- Handle support requests and issues arriving via web interface, email, or phone in a prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable manner.
- Maintain a sense of urgency in resolving customer issues.
- Accurately comprehend user needs while providing personable and timely support.
- Proactively follow through on customer issues to ensure customer concerns are addressed accurately and promptly.
- Identify the root cause of the issue, provide a solution, or escalate the issue, when necessary, within a ticket tracking system.
- Recreate reported issues, research and triage the issue for development, and document the issue with all discovered information.
- Act as liaison between customers and development staff.
- Maintain excellent lines of communication with customers to keep them informed of active tickets and new product releases (written & verbal).
- Log all Support activities in ticketing systems for tracking and knowledge sharing.
- Train end-users how to effectively use the software, including on new features and product changes, in order to meet their business needs.
- Create and update documentation.
- Provide aid with quality assurance planning and software testing.
- Conduct occasional trainings and presentations to live and online audiences.
- Cultivate customer relationships.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or related field preferred, but not required.
- Customer Service experience required.
- Banking experience required.
- SQL experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical customer service and problem-solving skills required.
- Have a working knowledge of various computer programs for remote access and troubleshooting (diagnostics/repair/remote access)
- Public speaking experience preferred, but not required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey confidence, ability, and patience to customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to interface with diverse groups such as end users, programmers, management, and support staff.
- Must be self-motivated, have strong time management skills, ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure, attention to detail, superior organizational skills, and the ability to meet established deadlines without strict supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on issues.
- Quick learner who is self-motivated and takes initiative to learn, becoming a product expert, attaining an extensive knowledge of applications, business processes, and end user needs.
- Aptitude and desire to mentor and share knowledge/ideas with colleagues and managers.
- Eagerness to accept and complete assigned tasks.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, rotating schedules and additional hours as required and ability to sit for up to 8 hours.